Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday shopping... and there is MEAT! lol





As I mentioned in my last post, people are emailing me about meat and the lack of it in most of my shopping trips.  The secret to meat it to buy it on sale and buy enough to hopefully last you until it goes on sale again.  The freezer is your friend!  Also, shout out to my friend Brandi who got a cow butchered and gifted me with a ton of beef!  That's why many of my trips are toiletries, household items, side dishes, desserts, beverages, snacks and lunch items.

The above pic is my purchase from a local store called Baker's.
Pork Loin $1.98/pound * about 23 pounds for $43.13, plus I had 2 coupons for $1 off fresh pork that I printed online a month or so ago.  The key to this sale is you had to buy the entire loin, which average about 10 pounds each.  If you kindly ask the butcher, they will cut it for you free of charge.  I had mine cut into 4 pork roasts and 28 pork chops.  This is enough for at least 8 meals, with some left overs for lunches!  :)

Tropicana 60 Orange Juice $2.48 each, minus 2 coupons for B1, G1 free I printed on the internet last month.

Total for above trip:  $46.09





Walmart
Diet Coke $3 each
Mt. Dew $6.98 each - $1/1 coupons found on the package
Fruit Snacks $2 - $0.50 internet coupon (Plus get $0.75 ibotta and $0.75 Checkout 51.. making them FREE)
Pork Coating for pork chops $1.46 each
Blue Bonnet $2.98
VO5 shampoo/conditioner $1.98 each - $1 internet coupon= $0.98/each (plus $0.75 each from ibotta!)
Qtips $3.17

Total Spent:  $38.89, plus $3 cash back from various apps


I also popped back by Buehler's to get some more PowerAdes.  I'm down to $75.70 in the grocery fund with about a week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment